Wednesday 7 November 2012

Ylin Color Changing Nail Polish in 07- Also Known as OMG MARCUS WHY ARE YOU NOT AS EXCITED ABOUT THIS AS I AM?

Hello Ladies!
I am back after yet another gnarly set of medical procedures that didn't help me, so is my life.  I got this polish from the Born Pretty website and it is cool as all hell! Warm, it is a bright fluorescent blue. Cold, it is the gorgeous dusty, periwinkle-eske purple. $7.84 for this, lousy formula but worth it because both colors it changes to are off the hook!

The tips are a franken I made of 3 different shredded glitters from YouMix. Teal, magenta and purple.

 Really really neat. It was bright blue through out for me because I have a set of nubbins right now (stop breaking, jerksss.) The weirdest thing about this polish is that is stays unmixed in the bottle and is all these super random weird colors in there, you have to shake it to make it not streaky; but the colors are still going to be separated looking. When I put this on, it was purple and then turned blue when it was dry. It's strange putting a top coat on because it turns purple while you do that and then turns back upon dryness.  You never see that hot magenta color in the bottle, on the nail.
It comes in a box, which is a nice touch. Love polish in boxes even though the boxes are pointless haha.
 Okay, so I saved the strangest thing for last. It has no smell. Trust me on this, I have a highly specialized nose. No smell at all. I was like... is this going to stay on longer than a day (short answer: no) or wash off without a topcoat? (did not try.)
 The polish after some ice water.
S

My test run of the Urban Decay Body Jewelry temporary tattoo set. I look hella yellow in this pic.. hrmm.
So I ordered a bunch of cool stuff from the urban decay friends and family sale, including the vice pallette (EEEPP!) I have been a mucho fan of Urban Decay eyeshadow since I discovered it 5 years ago. This temporary tattoo kit was like $2 so I added it on a whim. Little did I know that the temporary tattoos in this kit are many and some are over fist size.
There are 3 sheets and they are massive. Like a foot+ long and almost a foot wide. It's mostly feathers,chains and flowers. Nothing really bad ass unfortunately. I will use the biggest greyscale flower one as a bad ass chest piece at the club one day. A girl's gotta dream about being able to walk like a normal person again someday.

Mad Love to Fiorella for forwarding my USA orders my way, it really makes my day that I can order from places like Urban Decay because of you!


Happy (color changing!) nails!☺

♥ ❤ ❥ ,

Samantha

3 comments:

  1. Awww my pleasure dear Samantha :) that polish effect is pretty sick!!! Love the Franken on the tips as well. Hahaha, before I read I thought you had a real bracelet tattoo lol hope you feel better soon so I can go visit you and we can hit the Canadian clubs ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww my pleasure dear Samantha :) that polish effect is pretty sick!!! Love the Franken on the tips as well. Hahaha, before I read I thought you had a real bracelet tattoo lol hope you feel better soon so I can go visit you and we can hit the Canadian clubs ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post dear :)

    Join Estée Lauder Goveaway on my blog :)

    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/11/giveaway-v.html

    ReplyDelete

❤ I appreciate your comments and read each one! I would love to hear what you have to say. ❤