Friday 15 June 2012

Neon Splatter Manicure!

 This was my first time doing a splatter mani and I think it turned out really well, it looks so cool!
 I would probably do it again because it looks great, even though it is so darn messy to do. Maybe  next time I will do the same kind of thing but  add yellow or black too. I think more than 1 or 2 splatter colors would probably almost cover the whole base, so I would keep the number of colors low. I love it, its so bright and awesome. Almost looks like nail appliques.

I put on 3 coats of Ardene ACO nail polish in Blush  and for the splatter I used Fluo Blue by Joe Fresh (the Real Canadian Superstore nail polish) And 1 coat of Seche Vite over top. This unfortunately chipped the next day, but I neglected to use base coat so probably not the polishes' fault totally. I am really liking all the Ardene's polishes I have picked up, they are definetly better than Revlon... Haha!

So how you do a splatter mani is you tape up around your nails in scotch tape,  dip a straw in polish (I think you can use some polish diluted with a little but of water too, but I didn't do that.) And blow. You have to make sure there isn't too much polish in the straw or you will get a big blob like I did on my thumb, but I wiped it off partially.
Spacing the straw further away from your nails might help with that, but I wanted to contain the mess in a small area. I put newspaper over the area I was doing this in to avois painting everywhere else too.

What do you think about this manicure? Have you tried a splatter manicure yourself yet? I think this new trend is super hot for summer! Make sure you click on the tabs above to check out the giveaways I am holding right now!



Happy nails!

♥ ❤ ❥ ,  Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

❤ I appreciate your comments and read each one! I would love to hear what you have to say. ❤