Sunday 24 June 2012

My Illamasqua Load Franken dupe, plus my take on the promo nails for the collection.



So I have been wanting the Illamasqua- Load nail polish for a while now, and I figured it wouldn't be too hard to franken one, it's just a creamy off-white. And it was pretty easy. I used a 6ml empty bottle I had, filled it 1/4 full of clear ( I would use less clear next time, it was a bit streaky.)

 Added another 1/4 of shimmery white, and filled it almost full of white. There isn't any shimmer in Load, but i wanted to add my own touch. It doesn't show up on the nails at all, but it adds a bit of texture. I added about 10 drops or so of China Glaze- Lemon Fizz for the yellow part of the color, and here you have it:

This is Scrangie's picture for color comparison. Also it makes my pictures look dreadful haha.

 These pictures are 4 coats of my dupe, I should have added less clear. I had to cut my nails a bit because one broke 2 weeks ago, so i just put a gel nail on, and then the one next to it broke yesterday and I was like ugh I should probably just cut them.
And here is the nail art from this promo picture that inspired my copied nail art, minus the pointy tips for me.

And here it is matte, looking super cool:
I used China Glaze Matte Magic to top it off. The black I used was Maybelline Color Show- Onyx Rush, one coat, the top heart accent painted with a small brush.
Sorry for the totally dreadful pictures today, work in progress!

What do you think of this ruffian style manicure? I would love to do something like this with gold, and purple as the main color. Do you ever franken a polish you can't get?


Happy nails!

♥ ❤ ❥ ,  Samantha

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute, I prefer the matte version myself :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yeah the matte looks real sleek. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

❤ I appreciate your comments and read each one! I would love to hear what you have to say. ❤